The Official Student News Source of HSEHS

HSENews

HSENews

HSENews

It’s a dance party!

On Saturday, May 7, the Best Buddies program had a prom just for the kids in best buddies.  The prom was for students in the life skills class that other wise would have been not been asked to prom.

The prom was special to me because as a part of best buddies, I understand how special the students felt while having a good time. There were so many kids at the prom! It was a great experience for everyone. It was a great experience for me as well because this year  was my first year in best buddies. I’m glad I was able to experience this with my friends.

“What was your favorite part of the prom?” I asked Zachary Carnovale, a sophomore, when the prom was over.

“Dancing!” he replied with excitement. He had a great time.

The music was really good to move and groove to. Me and my buddy, Kiersten Bolinder, a senior, danced the night away. It was a blast!!

You should join best buddies because not only are you making new friends but you are also learning lessons from being in the club. Me and my buddy are really good friends. Along with that, you also learn leadership skills.

There were many activities besides dancing. They had snacks such as popcorn, hotdogs, gummy bears, and more. There was also a photo booth. The main purpose of this event was to have fun while also getting to watch the students enjoy their time in the spot light. The prom made these students happy because they got to participate in a prom- just for them!! This was my favorite part of best buddies this year by far because I got to enjoy a great time with my friends and watch the kids have a blast.

If you are looking for something fun to do in your free time, join best buddies.