The Official Student News Source of HSEHS

HSENews

HSENews

HSENews

Riley Dance Marathon raises over 32,000 dollars!

Saturday, April 23rd, Riley Dance Marathon held their 8th annual dance marathon at HSE high school in the main cafeteria. Riley Dance marathon is a something where we plan fundraisers and collect donations. We each have our own team raiser page where people can donate money. We each have a goal to raise at least 250 dollars on our individual team raiser pages. The money we collect goes to Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. They use that money to cure diseases in young kids. At the end of the dance they revealed the total money raised. We had a goal of 25,000 as a group and raised more than 32,000 dollars. At the marathon there was dancing, free food, also we learned a line dance from a group of IU students, and we heard stories from a couple Riley kids. You had to stay on your feet for 4 hours straight!

“We are extremely proud you guys and the work you have put into this.” Mrs. Springer, Matthew’s mom said to us at the dance. “This means a lot to us that you would do this.”

At the dance we also had a book drive. You could bring books of when you were little and donate them to Riley Children’s Hospital. The books go to the kids in the hospital. Some of Mathew’s favorite types of books were pop-ups. Matthew was a student here at HSEHS. When he passed away, they wanted to do something in his memory. There was also a dance off. You got onto teams and there was a dance off between those teams. You got to choose your own teams. The kids who shared their stories thought it was pretty cool.

“Good job for exceeding our goal!” Mrs. Trinkle, a sponsor told us after the dance ended. You should Join. It’s for the kids!