The Official Student News Source of HSEHS

HSENews

HSENews

HSENews

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Review

A few years ago, I remembered seeing a poster for the upcoming film, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”. All I can recall is the ecstatic feeling inside for I was anticipating the must-see battle of two superior heroes from DC Comics.

Before I had seen the film, I was hounded by mixed reviews from friends and family, the majority of them being negative. I was astonished to see that Rotten Tomatoes had given the movie an average rating of 4.9 out of ten while IMDb gave it a 7.3 out of ten, making my anticipation to see the film grow.

Director Zack Snyder wonderfully portrayed the contrast of the Godly attributes of Superman versus the highly technologically advanced and skillful Batman. The movie had an ominous filter running throughout the entirety of film which I enjoyed but I found the story line in the beginning a little difficult to follow. There were abrupt scene changes between Kent Clark’s (Superman’s) daily life and Bruce Wayne’s (Batman’s) including some back stories and dream sequences that made viewing somewhat confusing. Aside from the scene changes, the audience is introduced to new characters, also hinting towards others that are vital to the continuation of DC films. The action sequences, however, were absolutely incredible.

I would give this movie an eight out of ten overall. I suggest that everyone who is interested in watching this movie pay close attention to detail for it will support your understanding all the way to the end. It is dark and romantic and sinister and truly envelopes a new side of superhero movies that is intriguing to mature moviegoers.