The Official Student News Source of HSEHS

HSENews

HSENews

HSENews

Apple vs. FBI

IPhone_5s_top

Recently, the FBI has demanded Apple Inc. to create a new software that will allow a backdoor into anyone’s iPhone. The reason the FBI wants to do this is to access the San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone, which may hold vital information to use against the shooter and eventually be able to put him behind bars. But this means that the FBI would also be able to access your phone. Why this may concern you is because the FBI will be able to access confidential information that would otherwise be kept secret and it would be invading the right to privacy. Some agree that it may be beneficial to homeland security if used appropriately, but skeptics doubt the FBI will only use this only when in dire need. Based off previous instances where the FBI has taken advantage of their abilities, many people including Apple agree that this would be unethical to follow through with. For now, Apple is opposing the FBI and does not want to create a new software specifically built to evade the security feature of the iPhone.

Many people are also worried about the possibility of hackers getting a hold of the code cracking tool the FBI would use and use it inappropriately and take advantage of it. Anyone in possession of an Apple product could be at harm. It is against Apple’s moral compass to put all of its consumers in harms way and to be treated anything less than a human being.