The Official Student News Source of HSEHS

HSENews

HSENews

HSENews

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Movie Review

In a twisted recreation of the Jane Austen classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies makes for a perfect blend of horror, comedy, history, and romance. The movie is set in 19th century England, where a zombie outbreak plagues the country. It follows Elizabeth Bennet, (and her four sisters) all highly trained zombie slayers; Elizabeth being the best of her kin. When her sister is courted by the rich aristocrat Mr. Bingley, Elizabeth is introduced to Mr. Bingley’s friend, Mr. Darcy. Mr. Darcy is considered one of, if not the best zombie-hunter of his time. He is moody, mysterious, and a bit egotistical. This causes them to clash heads, but also help each other in many ways throughout the movie.

All of the actors in the movie were strong, and I found the cinematography to be quite well-shot and aesthetically pleasing.

The trailer for the movie made the movie look like it would be either some creepy horror movie, or a chick-flick. Pleasantly, the horror was not anything gratuitous or extremely gory, and the romance was balanced out by comedic relief. “I thought that it was an amazing movie! All the lead characters were really interesting and it kept you entertained with a lot of action and humor,” said sophomore Carson Janes.

I believe that this movie would be perfect for a date night, or for an afternoon out with friends. The movie as a whole is versatile, and I think that it would appeal to a wide audience. “I thought that the movie was awesome and the action and romance and history were all perfect.” said sophomore Taylor Sinicropi.

Overall, I would give this movie five stars. I was extremely entertained throughout the entire plot and it greatly exceeded my expectations. I would recommend it to guys and girls alike, as the movie contain something for everyone. Story by Jennifer Turock
PPZ